All of the files on this page are copyrighted. You may download them only if you are entitled to do so by your agreements with the publishers.
Peer-reviewed journal papers
9. N. Nama, R. Barnkob, Z. Mao, C. J. Kähler, F. Costanzo, and T. J. Huang, Numerical study of acoustophoretic motion of particles in a PDMS microchannel driven by surface acoustic waves, Lab Chip, 2015, 15, 2700-2809 (pdf)
7. P.B. Muller, M. Rossi, Á. G. Marín, R. Barnkob, P. Augustsson, T. Laurell, C. J. Kähler, and H. Bruus, Ultrasound-induced acoustophoretic motion of microparticles in three dimensions, Phys Rev E, 2013, 88, 023006 (pdf)
6. R. Barnkob, P. Augustsson, T. Laurell, and H. Bruus, Acoustic radiation- and streaming-induced microparticle velocities determined by micro-PIV in an ultrasound symmetry plane, Phys Rev E, 2012, 86, 056307 (pdf)
5. P. B. Muller, R. Barnkob, M. J. H. Jensen, and H. Bruus, A numerical study of microparticle acoustophoresis driven by acoustic radiation forces and streaming-induced drag forces, Lab Chip, 2012, 12, 4617-4627 (pdf)
4. J. D. Adams*, C. L. Ebbesen*, R. Barnkob, A. H. J. Yang, H. T. Soh, and H. Bruus, High-throughput, temperature-controlled microchannel acoustophoresis device made with rapid prototyping, J Micromech Microeng, 2012, 22, 075017 (pdf), *Shared first authorship.
3. R. Barnkob, I. Iranmanesh, M. Wiklund, and H. Bruus, Measuring acoustic energy density in microchannel acoustophoresis using a simple and rapid light-intensity method, Lab Chip, 2012, 12, 2337-2344 (pdf, promoted as hot article)
2. P. Augustsson*, R. Barnkob*, S. T. Wereley, H. Bruus, and T. Laurell, Automated and temperature-controlled micro-PIV measurements enabling long-term-stable microchannel acoustophoresis characterization, Lab Chip, 2011, 11, 4152-4164 (pdf, exposed on journal front cover), *Shared first authorship.
Some peer-reviewed conference papers (work in progress)
12. R. Barnkob, N. Nama, L. Ren, T. J. Huang, F. Costanzo, and C. J. Kähler, Acoustophoresis in soft-walled microchannels driven by surface acoustic waves, Flow17 Conference, 3-5 July 2017, Paris, France
11. R. Barnkob, N. Nama, L. Ren, T. J. Huang, F. Costanzo, and C. J. Kähler, Streaming direction and microparticle size effects in standing surface acoustic wave (SAW) devices, Proc. 20th MicroTAS, 9-13 October 2016, Dublin, Ireland, pp. 1643-1644, CBMS, 2015
10. N. Nama, R. Barnkob, C. J. Kähler, F. Costanzo, and T. J. Huang, Numerical investigation of surface acoustic wave driven microparticle acoustophoresis, Proc. 19th MicroTAS, 25-29 October 2015, Gyeongju, Korea, CBMS, 2015
9. R. Barnkob, C. J. Kähler, and M. Rossi, How to easily get your 3D microparticle position, Proc. 19th MicroTAS, 25-29 October 2015, Gyeongju, Korea, pp. 1888-1890, CBMS, 2015
8. I. Iranmanesh, R. Barnkob, H. Bruus, and M. Wiklund, Magnitude and variance of acoustic energy density in microchannel acoustophoresis: Comparison between single-frequency and frequency-modulated actuation, Proc. 17th MicroTAS, 27-31 October 2013, Freiburg, Germany, pp. 1400-1402, CBMS, 2013
7. I. Iranmanesh, R. Barnkob, H. Bruus, and M. Wiklund, Tunable-angle wedge transducer for acoustophoresis analyzed by an in-situ light-intensity-based method, 2013 International Congress on Ultrasonics, 2-5 May 2013, Singapore. R. W. B. Stephens Price Winner
6. P. Augustsson, R. Barnkob, H. Bruus, C. J. Kähler, T. Laurell, Á. G. Márin, and M. Rossi, Measuring the 3D motion of particles in microchannel acoustophoresis using astigmatism particle tracking velocimetry, Proc. 16th MicroTAS, 28 October - 1 November 2012, Okinawa, Japan, pp. 1480-1482, CBMS, 2012
5. R. Barnkob, P. Augustsson, C. Magnusson, H. Lilja, T. Laurell, and H. Bruus, Measuring density and compressibility of white blood cells and prostate cancer cells by microchannel acoustophoresis, Proc. 15th MicroTAS, 2-6 October 2011, Seattle (WA), USA, pp. 127-129, CBMS, 2011
4. C. L. Ebbesen, J. D. Adams, R. Barnkob, H.T. Soh, and H. Bruus, Temperature-controlled high-throughput (1 L/H) acoustophoretic particle separation in microchannels, Proc. 14th MicroTAS, 3-7 October 2010, Groningen, The Netherlands, pp. 728-730, CBMS, 2010
3. R. Barnkob, P. Augustsson, T. Laurell, and H. Bruus, An automated full-chip micro-PIV setup for measuring microchannel acoustophoresis: Simultaneous determination of forces from acoustic radiation and acoustic streaming, Proc. 14th MicroTAS, 3-7 October 2010, Groningen, The Netherlands, pp. 1247-1249, CBMS, 2010
2. P. Augustsson, R. Barnkob, C. Grenvall, T. Deierborg, P. Brundin, H. Bruus and T. Laurell, Measuring the acoustophoretic contrast factor of living cells in microchannels, Proc. 14th MicroTAS, 3-7 October 2010, Groningen, The Netherlands, pp. 1337-1339, CBMS, 2010
1. R. Barnkob and H. Bruus, Acoustofluidics: theory and simulation of radiation forces at ultrasound resonances in microfluidics devices, ASA 2009, Acoustical Society of America, 157th Meeting, 18-22 May 2009, Portland, Oregon, USA
1. R. Barnkob and Mathias Bækbo Andersen, Classical molecular dynamics - Lifetime of vibrations, BSc thesis, DTU Nanotech, June 2006, 63 pages (pdf), Supervisors: Magnus Paulsson and Thomas Frederiksen